50 Years of Combined Experience Plus Creative Zeal Equals Sound, Savvy and Innovative Law
Our team approach ensures you get counsel and representation on which you can depend
Led by Senior Partner Diana J. Huntsman and Managing Partner Michael P. Lofgran, the firm of Huntsman | Lofgran provides thorough, creative counsel and representation to Utah businesses and residents in the areas of family and divorce law, bankruptcy, IRS and Utah Tax Law, business law, estate planning and personal injury.
The firm is a mix of established attorneys, who have great familiarity not just with Utah law but with the Utah legal and judicial communities, and young lawyers, whose careers are just beginning to blossom. The former bring established records of professional success, the latter have distinguished themselves both professionally or academically, have established early competency and are on a career trajectory to success.
Working in teams, our attorneys combine to provide not just everyday legal services, counsel and litigation, but a more comprehensive perspective that ofttimes leads to legal solutions outside of the proverbial box. You are invited to learn more about each of our team members:
Hire a smart, court-tested and energetic legal team that will vigorously represent your best interests
Whether you’re a business looking to flourish on Utah soil or an individual seeking to resolve tax, family law and other issues, the law team at Huntsman | Lofgran stands ready to help. And we’re conveniently located, just a mile east of I-15 on Fort Union Boulevard (7200 South) in Midvale. Call us at 801-838-8900 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
Diana J. Huntsman, Senior Partner
Diana is intimately familiar with the law, courtroom procedure, judges and litigation, representing clients in family law -- such as divorce, custody, paternity, modification and mediation matters -- as well as personal injury cases. Her courtroom experience also proves useful in representing clients in mediation. Diana strives to protect each client's financial rights and parental relationships; to resolve each conflict with the best results reasonably possible, given the circumstances; and to be of support to the client through the process. She finds fulfillment in helping people through family conflicts, which often are among the most difficult times that people will face in their lives.
Diana is also managing partner and a divorce mediator with Divorce Mediation Institute of Utah, LLC, a mediation company that shares offices with Huntsman | Lofgran. Prior to forming Huntsman | Lofgran, Diana was a prosecutorial intern for the Salt Lake County Attorneys' Office; a judicial extern for the Honorable J. Thomas Greene, of the United States District Court, District of Utah; an associate, then partner, with Mangum, Holt & Huntsman; and sole owner of Diana J. Huntsman & Associates, PLLC.
- Utah, 1994
- J.D., University of Utah, College of Law, 1993
- B.S., Economics and business administration, cum laude, Utah State University, 1990
- A.S., magna cum laude, Snow College
- Utah State Bar, 1994
- Member, Family Law Section
Michael R. Lofgran, Managing Partner
Michael has been a managing partner with Huntsman Lofgran & Fuller from its inception. His practice focuses on tax controversy work, resolving individuals’ and small businesses’ tax problems with the IRS. He also is well-versed in bankruptcy law.
Michael has successfully settled millions of dollars in tax liabilities for his clients and reduced hundreds of out-of-control tax problems down to manageable solutions. “There is always a way through every tax problem,” Michael maintains. He devotes a sizable portion of his practice to tax and estate planning for his clients’ businesses and personal estates. He also assists will executors through the probate process and trustees in meeting their fiduciary responsibilities.
Prior to co-founding Huntsman Lofgran & Fuller, Michael served as an associate with Jackson Walter Evans & Huntsman, PLLC.
Michael is an avid supporter of the Kidney Foundation. Fluent in spoken and written Russian, he is a World War II and U.S. Civil War history enthusiast. He enjoys mowing his lawn and playing (usually losing) a rousing game of Sorry! or Monopoly with his children. Camping and being in the out-of-doors are favorite activities, and as a fixture of those camping trips Michael always burns his marshmallows before making s’mores.
- Tax law
- Estate planning
- Utah, 2005
- LL.M., taxation, University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, 2004
- J.D., University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law, 2003
- B.A., Russian and international relations, Brigham Young University, 1999
- Utah Bar Association
Adam joined Huntsman Lofgran & Fuller in the summer of 2011. His practice focuses on resolving client tax and other debt problems, either through bankruptcy or negotiated settlements. Adam enjoys resolving the apparently unresolvable. This often involves negotiating new terms with creditors, either to settle debts for lower amounts, restructure payments, or negotiate other debt terms. Adam also regularly helps clients with their estate planning, will and trust issues. He has prepared hundreds of estate plans, both simple and complex, and conducts occasional estate planning seminars for our clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam worked for the Brigham City law firm of Mann, Hadfield & Thorne; prior to that he served as the Brigham City prosecutor. A native of Brigham City and northern Utah, in his off-time Adam enjoys waging “epic” battles of army guys and Star Wars in his basement with his two boys. He looks forward to the time when his toddler daughter can join in the fun.
- Tax planning, controversy and compliance
- IRS and State tax issues
- Bankruptcy, Chapters 7, 11 and 13
- Debt negotiation and workouts
- Estate planning, wills and trusts, succession planning
- Business formation, operation and dissolution
- Real estate transactions, deeds, land sale contracts, trust deeds and leases
- Probate practice and administration
- CALI Excellence Awards, Taxation of Gifts and Estates, and Legal Research and Writing
- LL.M., University of Washington, 2010
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 2009
- Articles Editor, Gonzaga Journal of International Law
- Member, Gonzaga Law School Moot Court Honors Council
- Member, Gonzaga Alfred Mugel Tax Moot Court Team (1st place, Best Brief award)
- B.A., English and philosophy, Brigham Young University (Provo), 2006
- Utah State Bar Associate, Sections of Taxation and Estate Planning
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation
- Former Legislative Advisor, Brigham City Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Sherri L. Walton, Associate
As part of the firm’s family law and litigation team, Sherri helps individuals with divorce, custody, paternity, guardianship and adoption issues. She also provides legal service and counsel in estate planning, education law (emphasis on special education), immigration issues, landlord/tenant disputes and general litigation matters.
Sherri also teaches education law classes online for Nevada State College.
Raised in Sandy, Utah, Sherri and her husband lived for a time in Las Vegas, Nevada, where they raised their five children. Sherri is deeply committed to family and community. She provides pro bono legal help to Utah Legal Services and volunteers with the Utah Attorney General’s Guardian ad Litem office.
- Utah, 2012
- J.D., family, child, education and criminal law, University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Boyd School of Law, 2010
- Dean’s Award for Service to the Community
- B.A., elementary education, Nevada State College, 2006
- Graduated of High Distinction
- Utah State Bar Association, 2012
Steve is a consumer law attorney focusing on the areas of bankruptcy, litigation, consumer protection and personal injury.
Steve represents businesses and individuals in the state and federal courts. He has resolved thousands of issues for his bankruptcy and litigation clients. He has negotiated client settlements where millions of dollars were at stake and successfully represented civil litigants in jury trials. Whether his client is a multimillion dollar business or an individual struggling just to get by, Steve ensures you, your livelihood and your family are protected.
Before law school Steve gained work experience in Management, Sales, Construction and the Technology Sector. Steve’s experience, skills and passion ensure that hard-working Utahns receive zealous representation and a real advocate for their rights. Steve is fluent in Spanish.
- Utah, 2011
- Idaho, 2012
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Illinois College of Law, 2011
- Harno Scholar (top 10% of class)
- W.W. Blair Scholar
- Dean’s List
- Associate Editor, The University of Illinois Law Review
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Member, University of Illinois Trial Team
- International Finalist, Hong Kong, International Lawyering Skills Competition
- National Champion, America Bar Association Client Counseling Competition
- Recipient, The Rickert Award for Trial Advocacy
- Recipient, CALI Award, Federal Civil Rights Clinic
- Nominee, Trial Excellence Award
- B.A., English, Brigham Young University (Provo), 2008
- Dean’s List
- Utah State Bar, 2011
- Bankruptcy and Litigation Sections
- Idaho State Bar, 2012
Chelsey’s practice centers on negotiation and settlement of Federal and State tax liabilities for both individuals and businesses. She has successfully settled hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of outstanding tax debt. Other areas of her practice involve tax planning, small business formation, asset protection and estate planning.
Chelsey has also served as a consultant in securing Federal Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits and in listing historic properties on the National Historic Register.
Chelsey is a native of Northern Utah. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and three young children. She is also a quilter and enjoys cooking and entertaining.
- Utah, 2010
- United States Tax Court, 2010
- J.D., Regent University School of Law, 2010
- B.S., Law and Constitutional Studies, Utah State University, 2007
- Utah State Bar Association, Sections of Taxation and Estate Planning
Nic is an attorney with Huntsman | Lofgran, who practices primarily in the areas of tax controversy and consumer bankruptcy. Nic works closely with his clients to resolve matters with federal and state taxing authorities as well as in helping clients resolve other debts. Each client’s situation is unique, and Nic works hard in finding individual solutions. Nic also assists clients with their estate planning needs, from simple wills to more intricate arrangements.
Prior to joining Huntsman | Lofgran, Nic worked in the Federal Tax Clinic at the University of Washington School of Law in Seattle, Washington. Nic helped low-income taxpayers settle their debts with the IRS.
- Utah, 2014
- United States Tax Court, 2014
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2014
- J.D., cum laude, Creighton University School of Law, 2013
- Editor, Creighton Law Review
- B.A., English, University of Utah, 2008
- Utah State Bar Association, 2014